Light-O-Rama Forums

FM SIGN!

rgardner518

I know a place that does custom sandwich signs. I was thinking about one for my fm sign. Thank wrap lights around the edges? What do you's think. I have a long driveway and I can put it at the bottom so when cars pass from any direction they will see it. This is not it, but its an example of what a sandwich sign looks like.

Ray

Attached files 195411=10922-Portable A-frame Sign with

One advantage to that sign is if you're frequency ever changes you will very easily be able to change it.

Auctally, that is not how it will look. Its a picture to show what a sandwich sign looks like. The real thing will be one big vinyl graph on each side. So there will not be a way to change the frequency, unless i get a whole new vinyl graph to cover the old. I was just wondering others thoughts on it would look in general?

It will probably look ok as long as it isn't buried under a foot of snow. I would presume you get a reasonable amount of snow in Albany, so do you have some plan for elevating it? And anchoring it down to protect from the wind? As long as there is some plan for that, it should work well in my opinion. Could always spot light it if the edge lighting isn't adequate.

Good morning

this is the sign that i use

works good in daylight when our display is not on

to much black background --- absorbs light --- can not read at 50 foot

lamenated 24x24 with 1/2" thinwall conduit frame

snow has a tendency to stick to the surface ---

just tapping it has the snow drop off

Frank A.:)

Attached files 195501=10929-DSC00015.JPG

Surfing4Dough wrote:

It will probably look ok as long as it isn't buried under a foot of snow. I would presume you get a reasonable amount of snow in Albany, so do you have some plan for elevating it? And anchoring it down to protect from the wind? As long as there is some plan for that, it should work well in my opinion. Could always spot light it if the edge lighting isn't adequate.

I never thought about spot lighting it. Thats sounds like a good idea, Thanks! As for anchoring it, I was going to attach a chain like whats used for a kids swing, to the hinged part and put two concrete blocks on the ground, hidden under the sign and attach the chain to it. IT WON'T GO ANYWHERE THEN! As for the snow, YEA, we get ALOT of snow. I don't think it will be that big of a problem, but we will see. (If I do the sign at all)

Ray

Frank A. wrote:

Good morning

this is the sign that i use

works good in daylight when our display is not on

to much black background --- absorbs light --- can not read at 50 foot

lamenated 24x24 with 1/2" thinwall conduit frame

snow has a tendency to stick to the surface ---

just tapping it has the snow drop off

Frank A.:)

Heres a couple pictures of my homemade snap-n-glow sign I made for this year. This is my first year with it and I want to get rid of it! It sounded like a good idea when I made it, but now at 10ft long I have no were to really store it without damaging it.

Attached files 195511=10932-snap_10.jpg

This picture was taken at about 20 ft away.

The sandwich sign I want to put within 5ft from the road.

Attached files 195513=10934-IMG_0228.JPG

• 4 months later...

What do you think of my new sign? I don't think the C9's will be bight enough without causing power issues.

Attached files 202686=11264-FmSign.jpg

Here's what I did, it's a piece of plexiglass with black letters and red paint on the inside, held into a for sale sign frame with 1 X 2 firing strips and a piece of coro on the back side with holes punched for a 100 count mini string of clears. It lit up very well. I've got to change it this year to read "Tune your Radio to" because countless people asked what's this "Tune to" mean? Guess they don't know what FM stands for?

Attached files 202697=11265-IMG_0632.JPG

bisquit476 wrote:

Here's what I did, it's a piece of plexiglass with black letters and red paint on the inside, held into a for sale sign frame with 1 X 2 firing strips and a piece of coro on the back side with holes punched for a 100 count mini string of clears. It lit up very well. I've got to change it this year to read "Tune your Radio to" because countless people asked what's this "Tune to" mean? Guess they don't know what FM stands for?

Bisquite476,

We as a nation are slowly slipping down the slope to become a nation of ignorant illiturate people. I really have a hard time at times believing so many people could not understand what you sign means. And yet, I am seeing more and more examples of what you mentioned that the disbelief is slowly going away.

bisquit476 wrote:

It's funny you are saying that, I am in the process of doing the same thing because I was asked the same question! I am doing the same thing, Plexigless and on the inside painting it with staind glass spray and black paint (this in just in the planning stages)