Light-O-Rama Forums

ANSWER FAST PLEASE

shfr26

Just spoke to manager at store, got till 4:30, mini's 100 clear and multi pro grade use about .2 amps I can get today only 1.00 box If you need ,answer fast please. about 5,000 left!!!!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

does pro grade mean LED??

No, just mini's but pull less amp's bigger wire. 40% energy savings.

Just keep in mind that those lights are dimmer than conventional minis by quite a bit. That's the trade-off for the energy savings. All by themselves in the yard it's hard to see, but next to "regular" minis it's VERY noticeable.

Well stick a pin in my big happy bubble and deflate it!! LOL. That's OK, I got about 15,000 or so this year and about 5,000 last year so I can put them all together in different spots. I really did not notice the difference this year but thanks for the info, now next year I will be all worried that they will not look good with the rest of the lights. Only kidding, have to make do with what I have . If I notice the difference next year I will call you George and let you know:D

I noticed the difference because I knew there was a difference. I doubt that anyone visiting the display noticed because I used the dimmer lights on new poles on one side of the house and put the older poles with the "regular" lights on the other side. With the house between them it wasn't apparent unless you looked very closely. I wasn't trying to pop your bubble - just trying to save you heartache and despair later on. Side-by-side the difference is very noticeable - the energy efficient models look like regular minis dimmed to 80%.

Once again,thanks George. I plan on putting all in dispay together use all others in different spots. Was only kidding about my bubble, that was deflated many years ago.

I agree with Jeff. This late you can make a deal.
Tell him you will take them all for $0.50

Oh and I have purchased minis in the past for as low as a quarter to thirty cents a box. Bought C7s for a dollar a box before. The later the cheaper. Now go deal.

1. No Jeff, I have no LED lights, but I do have a spare room. Temp right now 26 degrees.

2. The store had them at 50% off and I had a cart full, went to manager and said "75% off and I will double my purchase, done deal.

3. I will check to see what they have left and see what they will do.

4. Just rechecked, I purchased about 20,000 from same place so far.

5. My wife now always asks " You aren't going to Walgreens again are you ?" every time I leave. I wonder why??

I agree with global warming my a$$. Last year at hobby lobby i bought 356 boxes of mini lights. Got 72 boxes of red 72 boxes of green 212 boxes of clear. That was an awsome day. I bought them at 90% off. 29 cents a box. This year i have only found 62 boxes of red minis at 80% off and all the c9s that i needed. I am way short on green and white minis. I have no clue how to get around this problem but still going to stores and seeing if any place has any left. So far not luck. i have been going to about 4 stores a day in all different locations. Any ideas guys.

Jeff Millard wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Temp right now 26 degrees...

Global warming my A$$! Al Gorey should stick to world domination and Internet inventing. His weather forcasts stink!

And like Robin, I've gotten them for 35 cents. Oddly enough, at Walgreens...

Jeff

Well Jeff, it's down to 19 degrees here this a.m. Checked yesterday all the lights were put away, not selling anymore. Can I move in with you, it's warmer there???

26 above is balmy.Last weekend our over night lows were -26.We never got above 0 untill we got to 9 above yesturday.To make it even better over christmas we got over 20 inches of snow.Now we got an additional 6 inches last night.Makes it fun to dig out all my extension cords.;)