Light-O-Rama Forums

License transfer to new machine

chartrand

If I do an uninstall of S2 on my current show machine, will it give me one of my 5 licenses back? I'll be upgrading to a new computer before next season and I don't want to eat-up any more licenses.

-Pat

I am pretty sure that uninstalling the software does not automatically gain a seat back.

Shot LOR an email. I am sure they will take care of you.

Guest wbottomley

chartrand wrote:

If I do an uninstall of S2 on my current show machine, will it give me one of my 5 licenses back? I'll be upgrading to a new computer before next season and I don't want to eat-up any more licenses.

-Pat

Nope.

But why worry.... go ahead and install the software and license and call it a day. If you run out of seats, they will make one available.

I think I've installed it on four pc's then rearrange them, installed again somewhere else. No problems here.

No, it will not, but as iresq and Mountainwxman implied, genuine users shouldn't be terribly concerned with running out of seats. If you ever try to activate on a new machine, and it tells you that you've run out of seats, just contact LOR Customer Support, and they will take care of the situation.

I guess my questions is, how do I tell how many seats I've used. I have LOR on several machines.

1) I use one to program and it is never connected to a controller but had to license it to get to the advanced mode. Use the DC_MP3, so just create the SD cards on this one.

2) One laptop is what I typically use for the HU and other maintenance functions.

3) A small netbook when the laptop is not available.

4) One at my office so I can show folks what I'm doing which is being taken out of service. (see next)

5) Just upgraded to a new PC at work and LOR is now on the new machine as well. The old one will soon be reformatted and put to other uses once I'm comfortable with new one.

6) One on a computer where I maintain a small commercial display from time to time.

By my count, that is 6 so I should be over my seats, but how do I know for sure?

There's currently no way for someone outside of the company to look up how many license seats they have used. This is something that we want to add in the future, but there are no specific plans to do so at any particular time.

In the meantime, you could send me an email (bob@lightorama.com), asking how many license seats you have used, and including your license info (name and key). I will look it up and let you know.