Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Sound Processing

PMC

Greetings All,

I been ansewering many questions on FM Transmitters and the Rules & Regulations from the FCC on Part 15 (unlicensed broadcasting) and now I feel the next topic should be Sound Quality.

I know the part 15 doesn't allow much RF power to get your signal where you want it...have you considered Audio Processing to increase the loudness of your FM Station?

Some basic rules in what we do when the audio has to be synched with the video is called Latency (delay) you need as low Latency of a device as possible I tried a DBX 266xl, Orban 8100, and many "plugins" nothing satisfied me after many Compressors/Limiters/Auto Level Controllers/and I was never quite satisfied with my "station" so looking around the world I found the perfect tool (for me) and maybe you too!

It's from Claesson & Edwards it's called Breakaway Live this device can install on your LOR computer because the program has low CPU usage and its low latency its as close to real time as it gets, I been using this program for 2 weeks with nothing but the best sounding FM Station in Wheeling.. no jokes please ;)

In the trial version it will install fully and be fully functional except every 45 minutes to an hour a "commercial" will override your audio (approximate time is 10 seconds)

the results of your testing will show all audio being the same level, increased loudness, no distortion, when the audio fades the program will increase the gain to level out the audio.

and there is a By-Pass button so you can actually hear the difference,

The installer is very simple, follow the instructions that will load after the program installs and give it a road test.

If anybody has something different and is satisfied with it, please let me know

Guest wbottomley

Not bad at all. I like it because of its use on a pc.

What I've been using this year is the Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX-1600.

My audio has been great and no problems here. It takes a little of time to set it up but the results is incredible.

My route is... pc>audio processor>25ft of shielded audio cable>transmitter (Ramsey FM 35BT).

I want to try out my backup transmitter, EDM LCD, to see if the sound quality changes any.