Light-O-Rama Forums

Lovin these XML data files!

daniel

Dan and company,

Thanks for switching to these XML formatted data files! They are very easy to read and use. I did a search/replace to bring all the values down in brightness with amazing success. Sequence was at 50/80/100 %'s brightness, so I did a search an replace and wow, that was beyond easy!

So thanks again for the XML formatting, and making it able for us to to these kinds of major sequence tweaks in a quick and easy manor.

--Daniel L

Glad you like it! However, I can't help myself from giving the following warning:

If you manually edit save files in any way outside the Sequence Editor, please make a backup copy before you do so, and please check the results afterwards within the Sequence Editor. It's very easy to make a small mistake, when editing the XML manually, that will render the file incomprehensible to LOR, or miscomprehensible. This is true even if you're very comfortable with XML and sequences and such.

Thanks Bob. Modifying the XML has allowed me to add CCR channels and other tasks much easier than one at a time in the SE.
Is there anything in the works to make the show and schedule files XML?

There are free XML editor programs which will validate to be sure your open and close tags are balanced. But they won't help if you misspell anything.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=72d6aa49-787d-4118-ba5f-4f30fe913628&displaylang=en

Is there anything in the works to make the show and schedule files XML?

Not immediately in the works, and not in the foreseeable short term, but it is something that we've been wanting to do.