Light-O-Rama Forums

to be vandelisim or not vandelisim

TitusCarnathan

How often does the socket on a mini light set come off especially if there is not that much strain on a light set

when taking down one of my mini light sets I noticed that one half was not lightning up then when I looked over the set while powered up (kind of dumb to do ) I noticed that there are two metal clips

so either it poped off by itself which I never saw before or

someone took it off peferably our new neighbors since they are causing so much problems in our neighbrohood

Both clips from one socket? Or from two different sockets?

I've had a lot of cases where the clips are not installed correctly from the factory, but only a few times do I notice them before some failure happens. I've also had a fair number of single clips pull out on strings installed in the trees. Things move a lot further than expected, and what was a loose swag can be pulled firmly as the tree blows in the breeze.

I think I have only had a couple of cases where both clips are loose, and the socket and bulb have disappeared. I'm not sure if it is a case where it got pulled so hard it broke the socket instead of pulling one clip loose, or if something else took it out. But vandalism was not on my list of suspects.

typically if you try to pull off a socket, the wires will break. If a socket came off with the clips intact, it was probably defective. I've had that happen with cracked sockets. I just soldered the wires together. One less bulb doesn't make much difference.

When going threw some lights this fall, I went threw a bunch of strings that the clips pulled rate out of the sockets. They were Holiday Time from wal-marts. I fixed most of them.