Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Editing Software

cenote

I have been using the latest Ulead Video Studio, and can not figure out how or if it is possible to be able to fade between multi tracks of video. Trying to put together a multi camera angle of display to songs, and can't seem to get it.

Been playing with over laying, but I am either to stupid to figure out, or it can't be done.

Any suggestions of other programs out there that are easy to use to do this?

Thanks, Chuck

I use Adobe Premiere Elements, and it does multi-track videos (it really bogs down my PC when editing 4 or 5 tracks at the same time). But it does work. It's not bad once you learn the software, but there is a learning curve....

Randy

I have used both Adobe and Sony Vegas. The workflow is similar though the terms might be a little different.

The first thing you need to do is place your different camera angle video in the appropriate track. This would be an additional video track (it might be called overlay).

Then you need to take the time to make sure that these video tracks are properly aligned. I typically use the audio tracks for each to line them up. First listen for the echo, when you get close the echo will turn into more a phasing type sound.

Once that is done, the rest is relatively easy. In Vegas, for example, you turn on envelop and an opacity adjustment line appears on the track. It's simply a matter of setting in and out points and adjusting the opacity.

Here is a video tutorial for Ulead. Not sure if your versions are the same, but the workflow should be similar.

There are many other Ulead tutorials on Youtube as well. Just search.

Mountainwxman wrote:

I use Avid media composer which has the same features as Avid Newscutter (what I use at the TV station).
OK, "borrowed" a copy...Looks awesome, but totally lost...can't even figure out how to load vid clip. Going to be a long night reading the helps

Thanks

I've used sony vegas, final cut pro, adobe, grass valley aroura, media express 100 (prior to the avid buyout) and avid mcxpress. All of these at the television station I work at. Most editing systems are similar, once you figure one out everything basically carries over, some keystrokes may be different but the basics are all the same. At home I use vegas mainly because of cost. If I remember correctly Avid Media Composer had a great turtorial in the manual, If you follow that you can probably pick up the basics in a few hours. There used to be an editing fourm for television editors Here is the link to the avid fourm. I haven't been on in a while but it may help you with any questions http://forums.creativecow.net/avidediting

greg

I was give Pinnacle 14 for xmas. I've never used video software before other than Windows movie maker. So should I return it or will it work fine for HD video editing?

Thxs