Light-O-Rama Forums

Fantasmic with Fireworks

friskybri

Pay attention to Garry's post.... Do not plug fireworks into the LOR... You might want to try something that has a mechanical relay... maybe?

Back in the late 70's the band The Outlaws (http://flashcannon.com/) I was doing some shows for them... Well at one of the concerts the lighting guy got a hair brain idea to hook the waterfall effect into the lightboard so HE could be the one setting it off... I balked at doing so but got over ruled... So when the concert started the lights were brought up and electricity bled over and instead of having a fantistic closing they had a fantastic openning...

Also by using the LOR controller you have eliminated all you safety devices... BAD IDEA TO USE LOR FOR FIREWORKS....

And this is from someone who has no problem using pyro in a display....

friskybri, that was a great show!!
I think it's great when people share their information and experience. I don't see it as negative feedback it's just people caring enough to share some food for thought. I think we all take some risks sometimes with our own shows but we learn and many times we gain some great knowledge that others can benefit from and not make the same mistakes. I personally appreciate all those who are always willing to share!
Man I love you guys/gals, this is a great community.
Thanks again friskybri, GREAT SHOW!
:D:D

• 6 years later...
  • The topic was locked