Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Problem (resolved)

Guest guest

A while back i had to reinstall windows,ect. on my pc do to hardware failure. We'll since then I wanted to install LOR. I tried to install it before and got it to install but it would never open until I got the file that cleared up the error in the registry. Now LOR will not let me save a thing.. no matter if i save the sequence as one word or 5 it will not save! I have tried everything I could think off.. I had a good sequence going just the other day and lost it because I could not get it to save.. Has anyone had problems like this in the past?

I've heard of a lot of problems before, but not this one.

Perhaps it's time to Email Dan, and see what he thinks. Please, though, be sure to update this thread when you get it resolved!

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

A while back i had to reinstall windows,ect. on my pc do to hardware failure. We'll since then I wanted to install LOR. I tried to install it before and got it to install but it would never open until I got the file that cleared up the error in the registry. Now LOR will not let me save a thing.. no matter if i save the sequence as one word or 5 it will not save! I have tried everything I could think off.. I had a good sequence going just the other day and lost it because I could not get it to save.. Has anyone had problems like this in the past?

Something "odd" is happening on your machine. It is not common (1 in a 1000 ) that anyone has had to use the registery cleanup that you needed.

My guess is that if you cannot save the file it may be because the path on your machine does not exist ( that is: Light-O-Rama/Sequences does not exist ) Try and save your files in a different folder. Make a folder to save them in for now.

OK, I'll give that a shot! Thanks Dan!

No Luck.. That didn't work for some reason. It just tells me Error Saving file.... do you want to try to save to another file name? I have tried saving to a new name as well..nothing! I'm really starting to get aggreviated at my computer.. lately it has done nothing but cause problems all around.

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

I got it finally.. I had to reinstall Light-O-Rama.. but I finally got it to start saving again!

Jeremy... sounds like you're cooking with gas now!:laughing:

I have/Had the same bug. I have not re-installed LOR (Or mabe I have?) Whatever! Anyway.... It is off-and-on. So now everytime I click on a new tool(shimmer, fade, on, off, twinkle) I usaly click save so I do not lose anything!

---Daniel L