Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing Issue

Guest guest

Hey everyone, I have a slight delay in timing with a musical sequence. Has there been a toopic about this already - if so please let me know.

When I loaded the sequence and song onto the memory stick and installed it into the controller. It seems I have a 1.5 to 2 second delay between the music and the lights? I deleted it and started over but the same thing happened.

Any assistance with this would be great.

Thanks, Bill Jr.

I would think you could use mp3 but the topics and there is more than one about it say for timing issues it should be a .wav. This is my first year with LOR so I have not testing the mp3 format just the wav.

Shawn

Shawn - do I have to rip the song before I sequence it with the lights?

I downloaded freerip and converted the MP3 file at 128 and I stil lhave a delay.

Shawn - I ripped a song to .wav and I had no sound?

I am copying the files to the memory card and then inserting it into the player and applying power. Am I missing a step?

Thanks, Bill Jr.

Bill Jr. wrote:

I am copying the files to the memory card and then inserting it into the player and applying power. Am I missing a step?

Thanks, Bill Jr.

I don't own this product, so I'm going ask a question that probably Dan will be best suited to answer ... When the music is copied over to the card, is it converted in any way?

Originally the file came in off a CD and I ripped it to an MP3 format before I created my musical sequence. I completed the sequence and followed the ndirections and copied the sequence and music file to the memory card. I have a 1.5 to 2 second delay and and few others mentioned that I needed to covert it to .wav possibly or make sure the bit rate was 128 for MP3. I used free rip to convert it to MP3 128 and I have the same issue and when I converted it to .wav I have no sound. That's all I know for now..........

Bill Jr.

I have not receive my director card yet so I have no answers for you. But it would seem if LOR calls it a card with an MP3 player than it should be in the MP3 format. My comments about MP3 to WAV were based on running the show from a PC.

Shawn

Hey guys - I used musicmatch to convert the existing file to 128 and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your help - I appreciate all of your input!

When converting the file it must be 128 bit or MP3 will not work.

Thanks, Bill Jr.