Light-O-Rama Forums

multi channels

Mario

Hi There. Am running 32 channels at the moment but I think I have succumbed to the disease of wanting more channels for next year, perhaps another 16. My question is this, I can see the 32 channels on my screen ok for doing the sequences etc, but if I add another 16 (or more!) channels how do I see them all at the same time? Is it a matter of just scrolling down the screen to sequence the channels there? What about those that have 128 or more channels? How do you see the 'whole picture'?

cheers. Mario

Several methods are available.

• Shrink your row height
  • Get a large monitor that is capable of portrait mode. You will need software to do this unless you are running Win 7.
  • Use tracks
  • Scroll up and down.

Personally, I do not need to see everything at the same time. My channels are configured by element, so I just scroll.

Using 320 channels, I use tracks as well as scroll for some things. (fine tuning)

Never had the need to see everything at once, since I sequence by display element.

I'm working with 312 channels this year and I set up tracks for each different element. The largest track is for arches and is 56 channels. By reducing the screen resolution and shrinking the row height to the minimum it just fits on the screen. Like John and Dave, I also sequence one element at a time, so there's a minimal need for scrolling.

I "see the whole picture" via the visualizer which I display on a second monitor. I'm one of those anal types who's taken a couple of days to meticulously draw my display pixel by pixel overlaid on a picture of the house/yard. In my case, it saves tons more time than those couple of days, because I don't have to guess how something will look. When show time arrives in November the yard looks exactly like the visualizer said it would and I wind up spending almost no time at all amending sequences.

About 250 channels at the house, and 750 at the city show. I don't know if it makes more sense to scroll through tracks, or to scroll through channels, so mostly I use the different tracks for different sort orders, and just scroll a lot.

I also agree that working on an element for a while is the way I usually work.