Light-O-Rama Forums

Making a custom Santa video

ItsMeBobO

So we had a little party tonight and invited a Pro Santa to stop bye. He was a big hit. Turns out he has been playing Santa since 1963, thats 46 years!

Anyway he offered to make a video interacting with the lights. He wants to do it the Sunday after Christmas because after that he shaves off his beard until next fall.

So I don't have much time to come up with a script. I have never seen the 'virtual' tracks so I can't even borrow ideas from that.

All I've got is eating cookies and looking out the window and seeing the lights. Then pressing buttons to make things go. And maybe a few wows of how impressive it is even to Santa! Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks !

I've got the virtual Santa and the Santa's Symphony DVD's and the virtual Santa is pretty much what you described.

He walks back and forth, sometimes with a candle in his hands, sometimes with a bag of presents, and maybe even once with a stocking. I think there is a spot in there where he grabs up a cookie from a plate and takes a bite. He does occasionally stop and look out the window to see who's watching him.

The Santa's Symphony disk actually has him as a conductor while Christmas music is playing on the disk. You can imagine him waving his arms up and down facing out the window to about 8 different songs I think. He lip syncs to at least one of them I think.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Trying to get my thoughts on paper is hard. It seems like it would be a very short video. I still more ideas.

Bob,

Marshall Rice over in Troy Il did his own virtual Santa. His Santa is actually his father in law. Might be worth a trip to see his display and talk to him. He is a very friendly guy and loves his display. I am sure he would offer tips.

Chuck

Bob,

You could have him do intros. to songs or thank the people for coming by. Maybe even talk to the kids about being nice and not naughty.

• 4 months later...

I video taped my virtual santa and posted it on youtube.

I know it is a little late but it may help someone else down the road.

I have been trying to decide what I want to do for Halloween. Purchase a video or make my own?