Light-O-Rama Forums

Pausing while editing

Guest guest

I would like to know why I can never use the Pause button on my LOR editor. When editing I can eaither keep starting allthe way at the begginning or just visible screen but I want to pause fix the problem and move on. How do I do that ???

The pause only works if you have a "pause" built into your sequence. If I understand Dan correctly this feature will be more practical in LOR 2. If you want to use it, right click a place in your sequence, then click insert pause. I think then it will wait for like sombody that is watching the show to push a button to start it. But to answer you questio, NO it is not made for use as a editing tool.

--Daniel L

• 1 month later...

Donnyaz wrote:

I would like to know why I can never use the Pause button on my LOR editor. When editing I can eaither keep starting allthe way at the begginning or just visible screen but I want to pause fix the problem and move on. How do I do that ???

Hi Donny! I'm a new LOR user, but I think I know the answer to your question! :waycool:

Use the "play range" feature. This allows you to choose which portion of the siequence you want to play.

1. Using the top menue (words) Click on "Play"
  2. then on the sub-menu click on "Play Range".
  3. There are 3 choises: "full siequence" / "selection" / "visable screen"

Full siequence plays the whole song, visable screen plays what you can see.

However, if you want to edit a very small part of the song,

1. Use the "select tool" ( the square made of dotted lines; its the far left of the toolbar) to select the portion of the grid you want to work with. (You can select one square or however many you want to work on!)
  2. Click on Play -> then Play Range -> then Selection.
  3. Now when you hit the "play button" (green arrow) only the portion of the song whose squares that you have selected will play.
  4. Edit them as you desire!

Hope that helps!

Kathy

• 5 years later...

I didnt know the forum went back to 2006 ! The four posters don't even have join dates, so this thread was imported from another forum.

In the time line the top of each track, highlight the section you want to work with. Use the space bar to start and stop. The track you are working on should have the focus for this to work.