Light-O-Rama Forums

A Note About Customer Service...

George Simmons

Hi All,

Next time some jerk who no one has ever heard of before jumps into this (or any other) forum to complain about LOR service, someone please send that idiot to me so I can set him/her straight.

Some of you may have seen a post from me the week before last asking for advice on a mis-behaving controller. (Not just any controller, but the one that was running 16 channels of my Robin Wheel - this year's star attraction.) In the course of trying everything y'all could think of, the problem went away. Well, I patted myself on the back and called myself a stud and went about baking cookies thinking the problem was solved. Then this week, the problem recurred, definitely related to cold weather. Unlike some of you, I have no spare controllers. I've tried three times to set one aside or get another one to keep as a spare and each time I woumd up immediately using those "spare" channels for something else I just HAD to have in the yard. I figured I was screwed and was going to have to do some deleting and some major rewiring.

I called LOR (this was late in the afternoon on Wednesday - like right before closing time in South Glens Falls, NY) hoping there was maybe some quick fix like bubble gum or baling twine or something. I spoke with Dan and he diagnosed the problem and told me I'd need to send the board in for repair and that he'd overnight me a replacement. He never even asked me for a credit card number or anything - which was just as good since the boss lady has let me know that I'm already way over my limit for this year.

I wasn't looking forward to taking the old unit completely apart and replacing the board, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right? Well, the replacement didn't arrive Thursday, but as it turned out the weather warmed a bit and the board worked fine. The box from LOR did arrive yesterday (Friday) and when I opened it, guess what? There wasn't a board in there. Nope. What Dan sent was a complete ready-to-go unit!

So the next time a mad hatter from somewhere pipes up with a complaint, y'all just send him my way and I'll straighten his ass out in a hurry. The world is full of companies that pat themselves on the back believing that they're doing a good job by just MEETING their customers' needs and expectations. Hah! I'm spoiled, because I know where there's people who aren't satisfied until they EXCEED expectations. Thanks again Dan for doing things YOUR way!

I'll back you up all the way. Several years ago I had a controller which had a problem that just couldn't be diagnosed remotely.

Without a moment's hesitation Dan sent me a controller to use so I could pack/send my unit in. Dan didn't ask for anything to guarantee I'd send the unit, and I didn't hesitate to make the deal good.

Extraordinary people. Extraordinary company.

George,

I would hae to agree with you here. A few years back, I was having a problem with a controller. I was on the fourm with Dan (and a few other members) until after midnight trying to figure the problem. Utilmatily it was a Comm chip. Same sceniero, Dan said to send the controller back. I took the board out and the next afternoon the replacement board arrived. Now if that isn't customer service that I don't know what is.

greg

George,

Add me to the list. I too had a triac on a board go bad a week before the Thanksgiving light up and I do not have spare channels or spare board either.

Dan and LOR to the rescue.

My board was out of warranty. Dan shipped me a refurb. board with no questions asked and no credit card either. Just had to return the board that was not working.

No other company I have dealt with has stood behind their product nor supported their product like Dan and LOR.

They are the best!

Ed