Light-O-Rama Forums

Expected Whitespace

bwaldrep

A user here sent me (via email) a sequence this morning. I saved the lms file, and tried to open it, but it generated an error, and wouldn't open.

The error said: Error loading sequence - Expected Whitespace.

A search here found the same problem back in August from a user, but had no info on a solution. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19554&forum_id=72

Any thoughts?

We are using version 2.6.0

Normally I would have attached it, but since it technically wasn't mine, I didn't want to post something that belonged to another.

I did get it resent to me, and that time it worked. The file must have become corrupt the 1st time.

So my issue is resolved.

It would probably be helpful if threads posted a follow-up, or resolution so future searches of issues could be helpful, just a thought.

I agree that it really helps to have the results posted. Thankfully, I think we generally have one of the higher percentages of resolutions posted here compared to other boards I read, but it would be nice if it was better. It does likely help that people here do often ask about the results of issues that have been stale for a while. I would guess that the majority of ones with no answer either got resolved with no idea how they were resolved, or were resolved in a way that the OP is embarrassed to admit...

Agreed-- results should be posted, and nobody should be embarrased no matter how "dumb" the resolution turns out to be. I've been doing LOR since 2003 and still make plenty of "dumb" mistakes...

Whitespace in an XML file is the indented space that it is used to make the file more human readable. Maybe the first emailed file was compressed and the whitespace got removed.

I didn't think that a program would care if it existed at all since it's pretty much insignificant. I've been able to load lms files with different amounts of whitespace into LOR with no trouble.