Light-O-Rama Forums

Make a Cross Hair while using LOR

Guest guest

I found a little program that may help while creating a sequence. When you have a lot of channels and want to turn on another channel at the same time, it is a strain on the eyes to make sure you sync it up correcting with another channel that is 20 or so spaces away.

There is a freeware program called Desktop Zoom

http://www.download.com/DesktopZoom/3000-2347_4-10508823.html

You don't use the Zoom feature of the software at all (in fact make sure the zoom is at 1000 / 1000 so everything looks the same). But there is a cross hair feature that will draw a vertical and a horizontal line on the screen to make it easier to line up events on channels.

This will be my first year for LOR and I ran into this problem the first time I started using the sequencer. I've got 64 channels and needed to turn on lights at the same time, but the channels were far apart from one another. I'm going to make a carpenters square out of some cardboard and hold it up to the screen to check channel alignment.

I posted this is the Feature Request thread already but wondered what others thought about it.

It would be cool if there was a cross hair in LOR like below. Would make syncing up channels a breeze.

lor-grid.gif

Another fast way I have found is if you put your mouse cursor over an event, it will give a time like 0:20:45.20 - 0:20:45.50 - You can then move down and hold your curson over another event to see if you need to move to the right or left.

Here is a pretty neat trick I started using instead of the cross hair program. Since the animation windows always stays on top. I just make it really tall and put the left edge where I want to sync things up.

lor1.gif