Light-O-Rama Forums

Sinnamon Christmas Lights from Australia

Geoff Harvey

The other night I found a video enthusiast videoing my display. He continued until he had the full 4 minute sequence without traffic interruption and said he would post it on YouTube in HD format. This has now been done and he even erased the street light which you can see in the still below.

Some display details - House is on a corner block and arches, minitrees, etc are replicated along each street as far as possible, >70000 lights with >300 LOR channels mostly DC for LEDs, power consumption typically 2 to 4 kW. Display was setup to evaluate various animation and colour change effects for arches, megatree and firework stars - not synchronised. Music is Joy to the World - Beethoven added after videoing.

see

I'd be interested in any comments.

Attached files 192284=10781-P1010044 reduced.jpg

I actually sat there and watched your other video like 4 times yesterday. It's awesome. If I could I'd make it a screensaver. It's just amazing!!!

love it!

-Evan

I too was just mesmerized watching it. So many little details in there. Some things I have not seen before, the chasing icicle lights, the cool splashes on the arches and the multi colored stars.

Wonderful job.

The grandchildren got to beleive they are at Santa's house. This is FANTASTIC. The colors and transitions were great. The stars, the mini trees, the arches w/splashes. the mini arches around the outside border, and the awesome movement on the icicles. Nothing looked to bare or over done. I beleive you will get alot of hits on You Tube this year.

Carl G.

• 4 months later...

Hi Geoff, great display. What are the diminsions of those stars over your home? They are awesome. It appears as if there are 2 smaller stars within the largest one. GREAT effect!

Did you purchase or make the stars? May I ask where you either purchased them or how did you make them?

Thanks for sharing your video. Terrific!

Hi Brian

Thank you for the kind words. The stars are 4ft tip to tip and there are 4 concentric stars. The small centre one has white bulbs only, while each of the other 3 has white (inside) and a colour (blue, green or red outside), ie 7 control circuits/star - all LEDs.

I based my stars on an how-to from 2008 by Joe on PC http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/29530-My-Firework-Shooting-Stars-More-info-on-them.?highlight=firework+stars and have been very happy with the results. I had the star wireframes made by a local supplier & friend who did it as a special http://www.christmascreations.net.au/index.html . His frames are uncoated aluminium rod which makes them light weight and corrosion resistant.

Hope this helps - Geoff

Attached files 202445=11259-P1010492 FW Star 800.jpg

Guest guest

Even though it's not synchronized, that was one totally awesome display! Would love to see that one in person (but beinf in Florida, kind of doubt that'll happen anytime sooner or later), this is and was the best display I've ever seen bar none. All the effects and transitions were just so smooth and, again, even though it wasn't synchronized, it sure worked extremely well together!

If you have any type of contests over there in Australia and you didn't win, I'd have to say whomever the judges were had to either be completely blind or completely idiots that would not have made your display the BEST OF THE BEST over there in Ausralia.

• The topic was locked