Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor View

Guest guest

Can the location of channels be moved around within the sequence editor without changing the actual configuration? Using 12 mini-trees as an example, I have six controllers with 16 channels each. To distribute power more evenly on the controllers, I might assign two channels on each controller to two of the mini trees. When viewing the sequence editor, this places the channels all over the sequence editor (two per controller). Is there an easy way to move the channels so that they show up sequentially in the Sequence Editor, regardless of where they are actually assigned? I would like to see all 12 mini-trees listed together in the Sequence Editor even though trees 3&4 are assigned to controller 2, trees 5&6 are assgined to controller 3, etc.

I have looked in the help files, but didn't find anything addressing this.

Denny

Download one of my sequences from the Wiki ... you'll see that on the screen things are grouped by location... however if you look at the details of each channel, you will see they spread out among different units.

Summary: It doesn't matter what order your channels appear in the sequence editor. It's probably better to layout your channels on screen in a manner that helps you program the lights. Then, go back in and program the channels. LOR won't care what order you have them in.

Thanks Don. I assume that there is no way to move the channels around once you start sequencing then, like cut and paste. I guess what I will do is finish the sequence that I am on and then do it the other way for my other sequences.

circus4u wrote:

Thanks Don. I assume that there is no way to move the channels around once you start sequencing then, like cut and paste. I guess what I will do is finish the sequence that I am on and then do it the other way for my other sequences.

*Ding* The lights goes on ... That's what your asking...

It's doable..

1) Create a new channel where you want to move TO.
2) Select ALL the events in the channel you want to move FROM.
3) COPY the events. (Don't cut, just in case.)
4) Paste those events in the new channel.
5) Once you confirm it works, you could remove the old channel.

circus4u wrote:

Thanks Don, I will try this tonight. And just to be safe, I will save it under a new file name and still keep the original.

That's always a good idea. It's not unusual for me to have 10 copies of the same sequence saved to my PC ... each at various points in the sequencing process.

OK, this worked. After I copied and pasted the events to the new channel, I had to change the channel information to the new controller. Then, I went back and deleted the old channel entry. When I did this, the channel drawing was also deleted from the Animation View. It was no big deal redrawing it, but if someone else does this, remember to go back in and check your Animation.

Denny

circus4u wrote:

OK, this worked. After I copied and pasted the events to the new channel, I had to change the channel information to the new controller. Then, I went back and deleted the old channel entry. When I did this, the channel drawing was also deleted from the Animation View. It was no big deal redrawing it, but if someone else does this, remember to go back in and check your Animation.

Denny

Very good point! Not something I considered when I threw that out.

If you have a very detailed animation view, then you might take that into consideration.