Light-O-Rama Forums

Skipping Songs from Show Editor.

hemilovers

I have 16 sequences in my show that run's everynight. It plays the first 4 songs then skips 2 songs, then plays 2 more songs, then skips 1 songs, then plays 2 songs, then skips 2 songs and it plays the last 3 songs. I have Version 2.6.0. Just uploaded this Version about 2 weeks ago. And I have Windows 7. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Bea

Since your running 2.6 ...

Leave the status window up on the screen and see what the log says when it skips the song.

Also might not be a bad idea to run the LOR Verifier to see if there are any other problems.

The biggest reason that I know why songs get skipped is because the audio file isn't where the software looks for it. Make sure your audio files are in the Lightoramaaudio directory.

George Simmons wrote:

The biggest reason that I know why songs get skipped is because the audio file isn't where the software looks for it. Make sure your audio files are in the Lightoramaaudio directory.

I second that thought!

I had this problem and here is the solution I found.

I went into the show file, added two more sequences, and saved the show file under the same name. When the show would run, the added sequences wouldn't play.

I went into the schedule editor, deleted the occurences of those shows, and re-added them. Still the sequences wouldn't play.

Finally I created a new show with a different name which included all of the sequences. I went into the schedule editor, deleted the occurences of the old show and added the new show. Now everything works.

My experience is when you want to add a sequence to a show, create a new show. Don't try editing an existing one that is already in a schedule. Also, if you change the show or the schedule. Disable LOR and unload it before doing any changes. this seems to help as well.

George Simmons wrote:

The audio file needs to be where you said it was when you created the sequence.

Let me explain. I do my sequence creating and editing on a different PC than I use to run my shows. On the editing PC, I had created a directory under the 'Audio' directory called "2009 Songs". If I indicated this was where the audio file was located when I creted the sequence, then I will need the same directory set up on my 'show' PC and need to load the audio file there.

I also edit on two PCs and have the same problem. I use the default directories on both (my documentslorsequence and my documentsloraudio).

On my non-show PC, I created a desktop shortcut to the Show PC's sequence folder. When I'm done editing, I drag and drop the new revision onto the shortcut. It asks me to confirm/replace and I say yes.

While I'm sure many have successfully changed default locations, I'm not going to tempt fate or LOR. Yes, I might have two (or more) copies of the sound file, but that's why they sell Terabyte sized hard drives.