Light-O-Rama Forums

2009 song

ken collins

Just wondering what the hot new song/audio track is for this year. Last year Christmas With a Capital C was voted nr 1 nationally. Got that off the internet somewhere.

That song was not a popular song in my display. People actually left when it started and came back 5 minutes later after the song ended.

I have it in the display again, but I use it every now and then.

lightzilla wrote:

That song was not a popular song in my display. People actually left when it started and came back 5 minutes later after the song ended.

While I actually agree with the sentiments in that song, I try not to use songs that can alienate my audience (other than the fact that most of my songs are VERY "Christ's birth" oriented - that's what I feel the whole reason for the display is about...) I want to come away with a celebration of Christ's birth, not come off as someone who nitpicks about what the season is called...

I used that song last year and it's back this year also. I, too, agree with the sentiment of the song and also with everything Tim had to say - right up to not wanting to offend anyone. If that song offends someone I really don't care. Let 'em drive away - it's crowded enough in the street almost all night anyway and if someone wants to leave in a snit it just makes more room for others.

We added Joy to the World by GoFish and it's huge hit. (edited down to just over 2 minutes.) Still number 2 audience favorite is Disco Santa, while Yellow Snow is still the #1 favorite after 3 years.

I've found very few songs with vocals that work, and especially not any song with narration. Up tempo songs always seem to work better.