Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas light inventory

friskybri

This is just my thought but i would rather have 20,000 minis over 100,000 leds. All i hear about is how much power they save but there is no way that for the price you pay for them you will keep them or use them long enough to make it worth it. Then trying to find sealed ones vs non sealed. Oh and all the hasle and posts i read about makeing them fade or haveing to put a c7 bulb or minis on the end. How sometims they just turn on by themselfs cause of power leakage. Sounds like to much for me. Everyone has there own thing and just stating mine. I like jeffs idea, I like to use a lot of power and load my controllers up cause im a sucker for c9s. I love them, Added three times the amount of c9s this year so the electric bill should be awsome but you cant beat the look of them.

HIJACK, HIJACKED. LOL. Here. The cost is what Keeps me in the mini market. There was a post on how many years to make up the cost of LED lights Vs Mini's. I could see it if we ran our show all year long but for just over a month. I will stick with mini lights. We do have to face the fact that over time there will be nothing of mini lights down the road.

pikadroo wrote:
I am really tired of this direction everything is going where it has to be safely and efficiently engineered right out of usable existence.

Most recent example of this is that I can not have a ceiling fan in my room with a light fixture on it that projects enough light to do anything in the room. Reason being, UL now requires C7 or C9 bulb bases in all fan fixtures.

Drew

And sadly, the safety engineering side doesn't make the world safer, it just generates more foolish idiots. I've heard of injuries where the operator was injured because he figured that the drill had been designed such that he could not hurt himself with it, and proceeded to use his hand as a backer block...

I'd say that some day we are going to look pretty foolish if we have contaminated all our landfills with mercury in the name of solving global warming, if it does turn out that we still have no significant input into the global climate. But I doubt it is all about global warming anyway. I expect it is far more about profiteering, and global warming is just the latest way to scare the liberal legislators into changing by legislation which businesses are profitable.