Light-O-Rama Forums

File locations

Rickbj

I'm a real newbie, just got my LOR controller 2 months ago. I have created about 15 musical sequences and they run perfectly on my development computer and have been running the show successfully for over a week. I need to move the software and sequences to a dedicated computer and off my development system (both run Win XP Pro). I have loaded the LOR software on my dedicated computer, added the proper licensing and copied the sequences and music to the dedicated computer.

When I open the sequence editor on the dedicated computer it does not find the mp3 and lpx files I copied. I ran the LORPost, but still can not find the sequences. Which files must be copied and where should they reside on the dedicated computer?

I must be missing something. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rick

Sequences go in the sequence folder and audio (including lpx) goes in the audio folder. Both of which are in My Documents, Light O Rama folder. Assuming your file structures are the same between the two computers, this should work. If not, you will probably need to remap your audio files (file, media).

After re-reading your post, open each sequence, select file, media, and remap to your audio files.

Are they the same path as in the old computer?

I.E.: MyDocuments/LOR/Sequences and

Mydocuments/LOR/Audio?

you can also open up the sequences one by one and re-insert the Audio file using Media File, then save the sequence.

EDIT:

Guess I wasn't typing fast enough!! LOL

OK. I have the mp3 files in the Audio folder and the lpx files in the Sequences folder. In the sequences folder are also the LOR_CHASE_SAMPLE.las and the LOR_LOOP_SAMPLE.las. When I bring up the sequence editor all I find are the 2 LOR samples.

No, the file structures between the two computers are not exactly alike.

In my development computer I have the following path:

C:Documents and SettingsRichard BjornholmMy DocumentsMy MusicChristmasLightorama Music

The above contains both the MP3 and the lpx files and it works beautifully.

In my dedicated computer I had the following path:

C:Documents and SettingsRickMy DocumentsMy MusicChristmasLightorama Music

That didn't work.

I changed it to:

C:Documents and SettingsRickMy DocumentsMy MusicChristmasLightorama MusicAudio

(for the mp3 files) AND

C:Documents and SettingsRickMy DocumentsMy MusicChristmasLightorama MusicSequences

(for the lpx files and found the LOR_CHASE and LOR_LOOP .las samples there).

Still can not be found by the sequence editor except for the LOR samples.

Thanks

The lpx files are created after LOR analyzes the audio file. That's why they go in the audio file. I am sure you will be good to go now.

iresq wrote:

The lpx files are created after LOR analyzes the audio file. That's why they go in the audio file. I am sure you will be good to go now.

So Dave...correct me if I am wrong

after LOR does its analysis (on his old computer), the lpx file would essentially be looking for the old path when he transferred the lpx file to his new computer?

I would imagine when the sequence editor opens and maps to the audio file, it looks for the lpx file. If it's not there, it will just create a new one.

It appears that the OP just moved the wrong files.

I don't bother with lpx files.

Thanks everyone. I have been avble to move the files and get the sequence editor to find the correct MP3 file. I have them all done.

One final question. Does the LOR controller need to be hooked up and functioning before the Light-O-Rama Control Panel will work? Verification says all is good, but the control panel will not activate.

Rick

What do you mean by activate?

The control panel should launch regardless of the controllers. From the control panel, you can select any of the LOR programs (sequence editor, show editor, etc).

What you won't be able to do is run a show with no controllers attached.

Are you double clicking on the LOR Icon (light bulb) and nothing happens?

I made the same mistake. After double clicking on it, the LOR Icon (light bulb) then appears over on the right with all your other small icons (at least it does on my computer).

Right Mouse button over THIS LOR Icon and then your menu selections will pop up.

Is this what you meant??

EDIT:

Probably not...now that I see you used the Verifier!! LOL

hmmm...I don't even have a lOR control panel in my folder..perhaps i moved it to my desktop

Can you right click on te "Control Panel" icon and then click on "Create Shortcut" and put it on your desktop?

Then see if you can open it from there?