Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Cancled due to snow and wind

solarnet

After about 7 days of my first real show. I have decided to pull the plug on my show for a while as I detirmine the damage that a snow storm yesterday and last night caused in Omaha, Ne. Half the display went dark about 7:00 pm last night and this morning most of the display was buried under about a foot of snow with 3-4 foot drifts. What wasn't buried is either not working or blown over from 45mph winds last night. Will take some photo's when I get home later today.

Richard Rasmussen

Dude, I am sooo sorry to hear that. I dread the day that happens to my display. So far the wind killed Santa, derailed the train and hurt frosty today. Took frosty and Santa in. Hopefully the Holdman star on the ruff will hold out. My wind gauge is showing 35+ winds. Last night I had the rain keep tripping one of my controllers last night. Getting real nervous watching right now.

I feel your pain, I lost my 17' Mega Tree yesterday. It was bent in a U shape with the star touching the ground. Come to find out that because of the rain we got the ground was a mud soup then the wind and snow arrived and pulled 10 of the 16 tent stakes out of the ground. Now I have to start looking at building a new Mega Tree.

That wind has been nasty here too. We lost a few strands on the Mega-Tree and Semi-Mega-Tree yesterday but the show went on last night because the winds died down. Overnight they picked back up and we have been getting 50MPH gusts all afternoon. Both trees are down now, they are on pulleys so it's not too hard to drop them, but I can't see raising them tonight with this wind. :{

-Jeff

You can have all the snow you want from my yard. All you have to do is come get it. Working on the photos now so should have them posted soon.