Light-O-Rama Forums

Weeksched.lsc v2.6.2

Jim Richards

In the past LOR read the weeksched.lsc file during each sequence. I would copy a new file toward the end of the sequence, thus altering the play schedule. In v2,6,2 it seems that this file is read only once upon show enable. Is there a way to set LOR to read the weeksched file during every sequence like it did in past versions?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "copy a new file toward the end of the sequence", but we do periodically re-read the schedule file in version 2.6.2. And I just tried the following, which worked as I would expect:

I had a show running, and I copied another schedule file on top of weeksched.lsc.

The running show went into shutdown mode, after which the new show started up.

The example you gave is exactly what I was referring to. As my test I set up 2 shows each with one different sequence. In the scheduler I selected one of the shows and set it for one day playing for 24 hrs. I did the same for the second show. I enabled LOR and the first show started to run. After about a minute of the 3 minute sequence I copied in the new weeksched with the second show. When the first sequence ended it played the first show over again, and kept playing it over and over, even though the new weeksched file contains the second show. Do I need to configure something differently?

Thanks

That sounds pretty much like what I did. Could you please send me copies of the two schedule files (and say which one you used as the first), the two show files, and the two sequence files?

My email address is bob@lightorama.com.

I did an additional test. I created a show consisting of one sequence 3min in duration, and sheduled that show to start at 12:00 PM and end at 12:02PM. Once the show/sequence ending LOR status was waiting for next show. I copied in a new weeksched file with one show scheduled to play for 24 hrs. After 15 minutes LOR has not picked up the new weeksched file and started playing it. This worked for me up until today with an older version, I think it was 1.6.??. Today I upgraded to 2.6.2 and it's not working. We use this for a guest/vistor interface.

Thanks Again.

• 3 weeks later...

I use this same method to create a jukebox type interface that allows me to select any song or group of songs to play immediately. It typically takes 10-12 seconds before it picks up the modified schedule file. I am running ver 2.5.6 currently, and it works fine. I'll try to upgrade one of my machines to the latest version and see if this functionality appears to be 'broken'.

Mark

I am running version 2.6.2 of the software. I have several schedule files for different situations. Such as normal, extended hours, rain. I have a batch file that I execute to copy the appropriate fiels to their associated.

Such as the batch file will copy weeklysched_rain.lsc to weeklysched.lsc and yearlysched_rain.lsc to yearlysched.lsc. This works as Bob reported. Once it finishes the currently running sequence then it executes the newly loaded schedule file.

Chuck