Light-O-Rama Forums

Port error ???

jr97

Hello guys,

Newbie here ! I was having problems with the music and light not being in sequence but now I keep getting this message. SHOWS CANNOT BE ENABLED BECAUSE OF AN ERROR. OPEN OF SERIAL PORT HAS FAILED. ERROR (8002) OPEN OF SERIAL PORT HAS FAILED. I have read posts but nothing has worked. Very frustrated with the whole thing. I have Windows XP, USB485, 32 channels, LOR version 2.6.0
Let me know what I can do to fix this. So frustrated thinking of sending it all back. I haven't even got to see any lights yet. Thanks

If it was working before this. It may mean that you have another LOR program running. Disable shows and close Sequence editor.

Do you have the USB485 plugged in? It has to be attached to the computer if you are trying to enable a show, even if just trying to test.

Thank you Bob from St Louis. You helped save my christmas light show and my sanity. I'll try and post something for you on facebook so you can at least see the boat parade with the lightshow. It's on Dec 19. Thank You again for your help. It meant a lot for a stranger to stay on the phone and walk me thru my problems. All I can say is thank you again.

jr97 wrote:

Thank you Bob from St Louis. You helped save my christmas light show and my sanity. I'll try and post something for you on facebook so you can at least see the boat parade with the lightshow. It's on Dec 19. Thank You again for your help. It meant a lot for a stranger to stay on the phone and walk me thru my problems. All I can say is thank you again.

Glad you got it working. Can you post your problem and solution so others searching can find it in the future?