Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Contest

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

Dan... I see the contest is up again for this year.

On the second part, are you including other video websites since youtube has the music rights trouble right now?

I host mine on Vimeo with no problems but Youtube is hassle.

Hey Mountain, I don't think that's an issue as that's where mine were last year and they had no problem viewing them.

Cheers
Evan

Mountainwxman wrote:

On the second part, are you including other video websites since youtube has the music rights trouble right now?

I host mine on Vimeo with no problems but Youtube is hassle.

That's a good point. I had to do the same thing.

Evan,

Posting on Youtube is an issue. Between the time I submitted my links to LOR and the time the contest ended, Youtube had disabled the videos I had submitted. Just because your's were not removed doesn't mean it didn't affect others.

Thanks

Howard

HowardShank wrote:

Evan,

Posting on Youtube is an issue. Between the time I submitted my links to LOR and the time the contest ended, Youtube had disabled the videos I had submitted. Just because your's were not removed doesn't mean it didn't affect others.

Thanks

Howard

Maybe they take petty on us Canadians and allow us to keep our shows on You Tube. My show was still on you tube the last time I looked but I have not looked since. lol

Nonetheless you are right You Tube does reject people videos. I have been to peoples websites and tried to view their shows, and it says Youtube removed these shows......or words similar to those.

I am trying to get a video of my display and when I do I well go else where other than YouTube. I will have the most compact (small yard where I had to use the front deck to house my two mini mega trees) 160 channel show if nothing else.

Attached files 191343=10732-house 005.JPG

I had three deleted and sent them an email and they put them back on. Here are a couple of hints for you.

1. Do not include the name of the song on your title, or as a tag.

2. In the description write that you are a private residence and if you collect for charity.

3. Make sure you give credit to the artist.

Robin wrote:

I had three deleted and sent them an email and they put them back on. Here are a couple of hints for you.

1. Do not include the name of the song on your title, or as a tag.

2. In the description write that you are a private residence and if you collect for charity.

3. Make sure you give credit to the artist.

I uploaded a show last night on You Tube and they were gone this morning. The thing is you need to use You Tube for the contest.

Oh well life goes on.

You have that you "Are Not The Biggest, But You Have Fun"

600+ with 350,000 lights is certainly up there as far as a private resident goes.

350,000 lights on my house would light up the whole street.

I do not think that I could put up 350,000 lights by myself, and I know that I will not get help, so I need to keep it between 22,000 to 30,000 lights.I know I can handle that by myself. I do not think my front yard can even handle more than that lol.

The whole YouTube and copyright issue problem arose last year...for the most part. Amazingly enough, it happened around Christmas. The majority of us that submitted our videos from YouTube had the audio disabled or the entire video taken down. There was a rather large topic of converstation regarding this last year, which I can't seem to find now. (I will keep looking) At the time, Dan had said that you could not submit your videos if they weren't hosted on YouTube. He also stated that next year (meaning this year) they would adjust the contest accordingly. That apparently hasn't happened. I am going to look for the post again and see if I can find it. We really need clarification from LOR on this issue.

Good luck to everyone who can enter. Due to the YouTube requirement from LOR and YouTube rejecting videos, I refuse to enter this year.

I wonder where mine would fall under the contest categories. Its not a LOR controlled system. Just a some Multifunction controllers made into animator boxes.

Not static really, but not musically sequenced LOR either.

New LOR contest question: My display is my personal display. All lights, controllers, etc. are personally purchased. However, my house is in the middle of the woods, so I put my display at my family's real estate office, which is right on the main road in town where the public can see it. The only financial contribution the company pays is the increased power bill.

It's my personal display, but it's at a commercial location. Do I have to enter in the Commercial Displays category, where my personal display would be up against malls, parks, etc. Or am I able to enter in the standard, channel-based category (which would be Category 5, as I have 160 channels)?