Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Communication Problems... Please HELP..

JDM_

If she is still running 1.6.3, there is no license key, and no verifier, and many other missing features. Plus while LOR does not officially support S2 on windows 7, many users have reported successful operation. I have not read any success or failure stories for 1.6.3 on Windows 7.

The license key is free to anyone who purchased LOR 1 in the past. You just need the email account that was used when you first purchased your software. You go to the S2 download page, and there is a link to retrieve license. If you no longer have access to that email account, you can contact LOR support with as many details of your original purchase as possible, to get the email account on record for your purchase updated, so you can retrieve your license key.

I'm old school honey, version 1.5.0, LOR 1. I haven't seen postings to say it will or won't work with Windows 7. But it's safe to say if it doesn't I might as well take down the lights.

Any other suggestions before it gets drastic?

Tropical Christmas wrote:

I'm old school honey, version 1.5.0, LOR 1.  I haven't seen postings to say it will or won't work with Windows 7.  But it's safe to say if it doesn't I might as well take down the lights. 

Any other suggestions before it gets drastic?

I'm not sure why you say that. At "worst" you'd just upgrade to 2.6.x which is free for you...

As a software guy myself, I've always wondered why people are surprised when their 5-year-old software doesn't work with the OS that just came out a month ago :)

Won't cost you a cent to upgrade to lor 2.6.2 just a e-mail

Replay and save your sequences and put in new show

Assign playtime in scheduler and your off and running

Just an idea before taking lights down

As long as you purchased the software and the sequences, a call to LOR will get you set up with the license key for S2. The rights to use S2 do not expire. The right to free upgrades for those who bought LOR 1 will expire some time after June, but upgrading beyond that should be fairly cost effective going forward.

Not suggesting that it applies to anyone here, but if someone borrowed the software in the past, and needs to get current now, you can get S2 basic which will handle 2 controllers for $50, Basic Plus that does 4 controllers for $70, and Standard which will do 8 controllers for $100. The advanced license that we are used to, and get as a result of buying S1 for $100, is now $140 for unlimited controllers.

http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html

Resolved:

What a frustrating 2 weeks to get this show going ...and lots of cash blown too.

Ok so, it was a combination of things that resolved this problem. Windows 7 will not work with version1.5.0, so 2.6.2 was downloaded. This initiallys disappointed me since the shows would not run, as the original symptoms were just the same. But one cool feature stands out in this version and it's ability to watch the status of each sequence starting and stopping. And it was scrolling like crazy. So i looked at the paths the sequences were trying to take. This new PC has several partitions, including directories for Windows. I have "Program Files" and "Program Files X86". It appears Windows directed Light O Rama to install to X86 directory and all my sequences thought they were coming from regular "Program Files" directory. So no good road to take. Once i reset all the shows to go to the "X86" directory, viola, it works.

Holy cow pass the rum!

Thanks for all the tips and tricks!! The palm trees are lighted and I can FINALLY quit stressing ;) and pass out candy canes to the kids !