Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR v2.3.8 - Runtime Error

Geoffrey Kline

I get a runtime error several times a night from the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I've included a picture of the error message I get. It states:

Program: C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaLORMonitor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

I am running Light-O-Rama v 2.3.8 on Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 installed (32-bit)

It is a Sony Vaio laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU at 2.26 GHz with 3 GB of RAM

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Attached files 190713=10708-LOR_ERROR.jpg

I upgraded to LOR v2.6.2, and still it just stops with the same error message. I'm going to install the LOR 2 on a different computer and swap them out tonight and I'm hoping there is just something conflicting on the current machine, since no one else seems to have this issue.

Hmmm... not sure about this one. Did you happen to notice anything in the status log (click on the LOR Control Panel light bulb to get to it)? Perhaps it dies during the same sequence every time, for example?

Maybe try Windows Update?

Please let me know whether it occurs on the other computer or not.

It seemed to die on the same sequence, but not every time. It appeared to die after it played that particular sequence 3 or 4 times.

I installed on an old computer running XP that I had sitting around, and copied all the same audio and sequence files to it, and it runs like a champ. It has not stopped working yet (knock on wood). At this point I'm going to assume that there is a conflicting piece of software on the original machine that was causing the S2 software to fail.