Light-O-Rama Forums

IS THERE A FEATURE

SnappyTom

Hi all, Is there a feature that lets you watch a complete animation show on your computer or can you only watch one sequence at a time?

Thanks Tom

Jeff Millard wrote:

Don,

I missed the post about Holiday Lights Designer. Did they say it works with the showplayer? It would be an expensive solution to this question, but if it links up during show play wouldn't this be what folks are asking for?

Secondly, I'm wondering why the sequencer couldn't be changed to play show files. Might be a way for me to circumvent the pesky all-off command at the same time... That would give you the ability to test out your show file before you schedule it. This sounds like another wishlist at lightorama dot com issue to me.

Jeff

I saw something about HLD as well, didn't read it all the way, though. If it does what it says, then I suppose it will work. Expensive, but would work.

I missed the post about Holiday Lights Designer. Did they say it works with the showplayer?

Yes, HLD can run during a show, and will simulate any lights that you have it set up to simulate, for any sequence or sequences that happen to be playing.

It says "you can only play one sequence at a time"

You can only play one musical sequence at a time. You can play any number of animation sequences at a time, even with a musical sequence playing, too.

But the "Play All" button tries to play all sequences that you have open. So if you have more than one musical sequence open, you'll get that error message.

So, try closing all of the musical sequences that you have open, and then try "Play All".

Note, though, that each Animator window only pays attention to its associated sequence.

I thought I saw a thread saying that if you put in a USB Adaptor (but did not hook it up to any controllers) you could "fake" LOR into playing on your computer.

Found It:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/20818.html

about the third post...

But you were probably not talking about doing something like this...