Light-O-Rama Forums

First Snow, First Pictures For 2009

Guest Guest

Great Pics... can't wait to see the spinners and leaping light poles in action.

What camera are you using? Very sharp and colorful.

Looks great Like your giant snowflakes beside your poles Do you have any info on them.We got some snow last week day of lightup on Sunday lights always look better with a blanket of snow on the ground 3 to 4 inches.

You did a beautiful job!!

Guest wbottomley

Denis Chaput wrote:

Looks great Like your giant snowflakes beside your poles Do you have any info on them.We got some snow last week day of lightup on Sunday lights always look better with a blanket of snow on the ground 3 to 4 inches.

You did a beautiful job!!

Those snowflakes are 6ft in diameter. Using pvc pipe and a pvc cross (3/4"), each spoke is 2ft long with 200 lights.

Each flake takes 8 channels which can be condensed to 4 channels if needed.

The large flake is 12ft diameter. It has 3200 lights and 32 channels. Each spoke has 400 which are individually controlled to get many effects and patterns.

Before making something this big... make sure you can brace it up properly because it's a monster.

Mountain!

I'd kill to have the room that you have. Look at all that real estate to cover in lights! I love it! Well done sir! Looks great... can't wait for some vid...

Very nice!
Evan

Guest wbottomley

NWSanta wrote:

Mountain!

I'd kill to have the room that you have. Look at all that real estate to cover in lights! I love it! Well done sir! Looks great... can't wait for some vid...

Very nice!
Evan

Thank you Evan.... I shot two video's tonight but didn't put much effort in them.

can't wait to see the videos, you did a very nice job on the setup.

One thing on your web site; if you click on the picture of the 2009 lights you go to 2009 page, if you click on the words it goes to 2008 page. Very minor issue, doesn't take away from what a great job you have done with the display!

Bruce

Guest wbottomley

ainsworth wrote:

can't wait to see the videos, you did a very nice job on the setup.

One thing on your web site; if you click on the picture of the 2009 lights you go to 2009 page, if you click on the words it goes to 2008 page. Very minor issue, doesn't take away from what a great job you have done with the display!

Bruce

Oh... thank you!

I will fix that now. Goofy here knows better than to copy and paste, lol.

• The topic was locked