Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Loop

executive411

Here's what I want to do- Have a 10 minute show, then have all the lights stay on until the next show, on the half hour.

Simple show builder doesn't do the trick- the all on between shows doesn't turn on all channels.

I currently have a new show starting every half hour, but if the time is not exact, then it has to wait for the previous show to end before starting the next one.

Is there wither a way to tell SSB to turn on 160 channels in between shows, or can we make the next show start exactly on time, and over-ride the end of the previous show?

Thanks,
Justin

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Burke/Executive-411/187149913069

Create a 30 minute animation with all lights on.

Put it in the MUSICAL tab right below your songs.

LOR will stop an animation sequence (in the musical tab) in order to start a new show.

Since you already have the show scheduled every 30 minutes, this should do the trick. Your songs will play, then the animation will run. When the next show is supposed to start, LOR will stop the animation sequence, and start the next show.

Unfortunately that's what's not working... I thought the new show would override the existing show, but it looks like it's waiting for the first show to end before starting the next show...

Not a big deal, I can just adjust the time for the blank show... Any other ideas?

Justin

Don wrote:

Create a 30 minute animation with all lights on.

Put it in the MUSICAL tab right below your songs.

LOR will stop an animation sequence (in the musical tab) in order to start a new show.

This will only work if the next show is a different show (different LSS file). If the player notices that the same show is already running, it will not restart it.

A way of solving the problem would be to create a different "All Lights On" show, with nothing but a background sequence that turns all the lights on. Since this show has no musical (LMS) sequences, it would stop at exactly the right time.

Another way is to have a Shutdown sequence in your single show that turns all the lights on. Un-check the "Turn used lights off..." in the Shutdown tab. Also don't have any sequences in the Background tab, since these lights will always turn off at the end.

Now, when your show ends, it will run the Shutdown sequence and leave the lights on with no show running. The next show will start at the correct time. You would schedule the show to start every half hour and run for 10 minutes.

When you step up to this level, the Simple Show Builder may be too... Simple.

I am doing exactly what you want to do. My show has 6 musical sequences under the musical tab. Then I padded the remainder of time for a 1/2 hour with 12 times a 1 minute animation sequnce ALSO in the musical tab. This is called 2009 show. I have this show scheduled run every 1/2 hour.

When the 1/2 hour ends it will stop playing the animation sequence wherever it is within that sequence and start the next 1/2 hour show.

I do not have a renamed show. Has been running this way since I set it up.

Chuck

So at most your show is a minute off- but each 1 minute animation has a gap between it right?

We now has local NBC news anchors doing an introduction on the hour and half hour, so it would be nice to start precisely on time....

No it is not off by one minute. Because LOR schedule will truncate (stop playing) an animation sequence in the middle to end the show at the schedule time. This is true even with the animation sequence under the musical tab in the show.

LOR will NOT stop playing a musical sequence in the middle to end on the schedule end time.

Chuck

Cool, thanks for the solution- I guess part of the problem is the way I created the all lights on file- I made it with a blank mp3, so it really is a musical file...

Is there a reason why it's repeating the musical playlist though?