Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there anyway to 'trick' LOR into reloading a sequence during a show?

bhays

I made a pretty big boo boo in a sequence I was working on just before the show began tonight. (did a channel import and now all of my X10 outlets are turning off in the middle of the sequence. This is a serious problem as all of my dmx lights, etc. are on X10 outlets.)

At any rate, I have fixed the problem, but now there are 20 cars watching and it will probably stay this way most of the night... since I have a 5 minute preshow, disabling and then re-enabling shows would be a problem. Is there any way I can force the sequence to get reloaded without disabling shows? If I rename it for one cycle, then correct the name will it reload?

For now, I unplugged the CM11A from the wall, but that's not a very good solution.

Looking for any help.

Tim Fischer wrote:

If it's just tonight I think unplugging the CM11A is a good solution. Simple is always good :)

That was really the only option.. we really do need a feature to force a reload of sequences, however.

bhays wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:
If it's just tonight I think unplugging the CM11A is a good solution. Simple is always good :)

That was really the only option.. we really do need a feature to force a reload of sequences, however.

Seems reasonable, but I'd rather see a "start show now" and "end show gracefully now" option first :)

An option in the show that allows it to skip the startup sequences if it's past the scheduled start time might be handy.

My startup has a half hour animation that plays at dusk and then stops winamp before the show. To avoid running the startup on nights I'm tweaking things, I keep a duplicate show minus the startup sequences and edit the schedule to use the alternate show.

Not convenient but it works.

A work-around would be to create 3 different shows. Your first show in the schedule would be your start-up sequence. The second show would contain your main "playlist" of sequences. Your 3rd would be your closing sequence if any. Now here's the trick.

When you create your schedule, make sure that you schedule each show to start at a time slightly less than the total length of your sequence. For example, let's say my MAIN show lasts for 30 minutes. I would schedule that show to play every 29 minutes. That way the que is reloaded every cycle of your show. If you make a correction to a sequence and then save it, it should get reloaded on the next cycle.

The feature you are looking for would be a "Refresh Cue". It would have to be able to know which sequence is currently playing and then refresh for all sequences thereafter in order not to disrupt the current sequence in progress. I know this que exists either as a file or in memory as I've seen others use it elsewhere in this forum to obtain information to be able to send text messages to a list of cell phones and also create a "request hotline" so to speak so callers can text which song they want played next. The cue would get reordered and VIOLA the callers request would get played next. Kinda cool eh? The que is also why you can move the sequence from it's folder on the hard drive while a show is playing and nothing changes. The show continues. It's as if LOR makes a combined copy of all your sequences and puts it somewhere else.

Someone more versed in this mysterious cue file would know more detail of it than I do. I just know enough to be dangerous. :D