Light-O-Rama Forums

First Song In Show Keeps Repeating

Tom B.

First Song in the show keeps repeating ... tried changing and deleting songs, and it just keeps coming back to the same problem.

Any ideas?

I think I'm fully updated.

T.

What version is your software?

The current version is 2.6.2. Sounds like your schedule has the "midnight bug" that was fixed a version or two ago.

That definitely sounds correct.

I'm still amazed how many folks run their shows past midnight. My neighbors make me shut down at 9:30 or 10pm... :(

I have the same problem running 2.3.4. It never gets past the 1st sequence in the show. I moved the first sequence to the 2nd position and then it worked. What's the midnight bug? I have noticed when my shows shut down at 11:00, the status window says next show is at midnight (when there are no shows scheduled for midnight). When it actually reaches midnight, the LOR status windows refreshes to reflect the correct start time of the next show.

From: http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?whats_new.htm

What's New in Version 2.5.6

Bug Fixes

If a show was scheduled starting on Saturday and ending on Sunday, instead of playing through, it would continuously shut down and restart. A common symptom of this is that the first sequence in the show's musical section would play over and over.

Yes, Thanks! Despite 20 minutes of searching, I could not find the official bug fix notice. I don't spend enough time on the LOR support site (a good thing as far as I'm concerned). From now on I'll scroll down to the version I have loaded and browse UP to find the fixes. You guys ROCK!

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the software, but now it requires me to register it again. I tried to use the same code I used for the previous version but it's not long enough!

Do I have to contact LOR and get a new code?

Now I've got cars sitting outside and no way of controlling the lights!

HELP!
:shock:

How did you register the last time?

The code is user specific. You must have an internet connection for the computer you are trying to register. Otherwise you have to call LOR and do an offline registration.

Chuck

Our show computer doesn't have internet access, so I registered it offline. I've already e-mail LOR Support and hopefully everything will be up and going tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

I posted this problem in a different thread. maybe somebody here will know about this.

If I go in and add a sequence to a show, the only way it will play the additional sequence is if I rename the show file and change the reference in the schedule editor. If I leave the same name on the show file, the sequences that play are still only the original sequences, not the new one.