Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Question

jfelix

Just hooked up a new 16 D blue board. I wired it up and powered it up and got the blinky red light. When I added to the daisy chain, light went solid red. Went in and refreshed, LOR recognizes all controllers but it and the 3 of the 4 downstream form it. Any thoughts?

All my controller seemed connected. All have solid red lights on. I ran the show with my 8 controllers for a week, but now withthis 9th one added it is acting funny. Can I reset the 16D like a PC controller by taking out the jumper, turning the controller on then off, then reset the jumper?
It sees the controller connected right after it (there are 3 after this new controller), but not itself or the last 2 on the chain.

Ok now it sees them all except the new controler. Why will it not see the new controller. It has power, steady red light. I am starting to freak, I was so looking forward to running all my stuff now instead of most.

This is starting to sound just like another persons problem last week. First let me come to understand something. Your controller has the dials to set the address? If so, please remove the jumper from the 2nd row. With power removed, set both dial to zero "0". Power up for a few seconds, lets say 10 to be safe. Now power down and set the dials to I belive you said "0" on the left and "9" on the right. Now please power up and test. From what I believe I learned from the other persons problem is that if the controller has dials to set the address, then the jumper on the 2nd row will defeat the dials and make it look like one of the PC versions were you have to set the address via the hardware utility. Though if I remember correctly, it will default back to "01" next time you apply power.

Anyway did this fix it?

Max-Paul wrote:

Your controller has the dials to set the address? If so, please remove the jumper from the 2nd row. With power removed, set both dial to zero "0". Power up for a few seconds, lets say 10 to be safe. Now power down and set the dials to I belive you said "0" on the left and "9" on the right. Now please power up and test.

NO! For your model board, forget the stuff written above about the jumper! Power down, set both rotary switches to 0.

Power up, notice the LED blinking a different pattern. Power down. Reset the unit ID you want to use. Power back up, should be good to go!

EDIT: Also sounds like it possibly could be a CAT5 cable problem, even with the solid LED. If the controller reset doesn't work, then something else to consider.