Light-O-Rama Forums

I can't open last years sequences-

SYNCEDsongs

I am getting many different errors trying to open last years sequences in the new program... I haven't been able to open one of the 15 or so that I have. Sometimes it's a "loop" error, for another it is and "equal sign" error, ...

what's up with that?

The only time I recall these errors is when a sequence has been modified in a text editor, and a mistake made in the XML by by the user.

Don't know if that's whats going on here, but it would be my first guess.

After that ... *shrug*

Yes, Don's guess is basically my guess, too. It sounds like your sequences somehow got corrupted.

If you have backups, you should probably try those. If you don't, please excuse me for preaching, but: Making backups is a great idea. You should always make backups. Not just for LOR, but for everything. If possible, you should store your backups on multiple machines, on multiple discs, and so forth.

But anyway, if you don't have backups:

Every time you save a sequence in the Sequence Editor, it automatically moves the existing save file (before your changes) to a "*.bak" file. For example, if your sequence is named "MySequence.lms", it will move that to "MySequence.lms.bak", and write a new version of "MySequence.lms" that includes the changes since the last time you saved.

So, you might want to try those out. You'll have to get rid of the ".bak" from the filename (I suggest renaming the original, corrupt "MySequence.lms" file to something like "MySequence-corrupt.lms", and then renaming "MySequence.lms.bak" to "MySequence.lms").

Note that the *.bak files obviously don't contain your very latest changes, so it won't be a perfect recovery (if it works at all).

Finally, could you please send me copies of the corrupt sequences? It's possible that I might be able to fix them, though I can't promise anything, and even if I can't, I'd definitely like to take a look at them. Thanks.

Oh, I have backups! I have backups of backups! they don't work either...

How do I send you a file to check for me?

I'm not techy enough to open them in a text editor... But I should try that! :D

From a recent post:

bob wrote:

Could you please send me a copy of the file ... My email address is bob@lightorama.com.