Light-O-Rama Forums

Show/Schedule editor problem...

Josh Burdick

I have a show that I'm trying to play but its not playing from start to finnish. I have about ten songs but it only finds two. When I check Status it's saying

ERROR WITH SEQUENCE ( cannot open file C:Program FilesLight-O-Ramasequences..............

I saved each of my sequences in the sequence editor to update them to the latest version. I'm not sure where these files should be?

Thanks all in advance

Unless you've run LOR post to assign new locations, the software looks in lightoramasequences for the lms file and lightoramaaudio for the music file. If you have the files anywhere else it will generate an error message and the sequence will be skipped in your show.

George Simmons wrote:

Unless you've run LOR post to assign new locations,

I think you lost me. I'm not sure what you meant by post? Can I just copy paste the sequences (LMS) into the proper file? Do I need to remove them from the locations I have them currently?

If you are running Windows-XP and the latest version of the LOR-II software the sequences are located in:
My DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences
and the audio files are in
My DocumentsLight-O-RamaAudio

The old version of LOR software stored the files under
Program FilesLight-O-RamaSequences
if I remember correctly.

Where are yours located?
Did you move them to a new location?

When I check Status it's saying

ERROR WITH SEQUENCE ( cannot open file C:Program FilesLight-O-Ramasequences..............

I saved each of my sequences in the sequence editor to update them to the latest version. I'm not sure where these files should be?

If you go into the Sequence Editor, click on the File menu, and then "Open Recent", the recent files list will show you the files you've opened most recently, including the directories that they're in.

After you determine which directory your sequence is in, you can either move it to another spot, or else change your show (using the Show Editor) so that the show is looking for the sequence in the directory that it's actually in.

If you are running Windows-XP and the latest version of the LOR-II software the sequences are located in:
My DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences
and the audio files are in
My DocumentsLight-O-RamaAudio

Just a little warning: This is not necessarily true. It may be true in many or even most cases, but a sequence can be anywhere, and so can an audio file. And even the default directories that sequences and audio files will be in can vary from machine to machine.