Light-O-Rama Forums

first try at a video i need a better camera

Tony Hefner

Looks pretty good to me...

You are never going to get really good quality shooting in the dark at very bright lights...

HD cams are best...for reg digital cams try and get one that is 3CCD. The processor inside the cam gives a better pic than one that emulates the 3CCD. Also film when it's just getting dark, or early mornig just before the sun is coming up. Also turn off the auto focus.

Thanks Brad for the response.

The good news the street is full of cars tonight I can not believe it would get this busy only in 3 nights.

Dan Lott wrote:

Is it just me or is there a reason this link says video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions

Nope...not you. I get the same message.

I noticed on my You Tube account the other day that some of my videos I have posted said that they may not be available in all countries.

Good morning

I purchased a hv30 canon last christmas

the camera is great took decent pics of lighting

great pics indoor of family and friends

but I am having a great deal of problem getting hd video

captured on computer

would not work at all with xp

and will only capture hd in low resolution with vista

not done experimenting but just to let you know

if you buy a hd camera make them prove to you the

hd video can be captured to a computer

Frank A.:)

Tony Hefner wrote:

Well sorry everyone it looks like youtube kicked it out due to copy rights by MWG

post it on Vimeo..they don't care.

I read that WMG and YouTube came to an agreement at the end of September, and that WMG artists (like TSO) will once again be allowed on YouTube, possibly before the end of December.

It's still kind of strange, though. It's not that hard to find videos up with supposedly banned music. My audio was initially blocked, but I filed a dispute citing fair use. The main points I gave were that it was not being used for profit, it was only a small portion of their total body of work and that it would in no way diminish their ability to make money from their work. I also credited the artist, and legally paid for the music. So far, my video seems to be playing with sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Slf1nxw-zY

Hopefully, they'll stop blocking within the next week or so.

YouTube disabled the audio in some of my video for the same reason -- WMG. I think it was Chicago's version of Let it Snow. I guess I could protest but what a pain to have to appeal for all the videos. I agree with your Fair Use summary. Anyway I moved over to Vimeo solved all problems and I didn't have to argue with them over videos I post.

Scott

• The topic was locked