Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange Problem I had last night

bdeditch

My wife went outside and told me the megatree lights stalled. I went out and looked and sure enough it did. I went to my computer and clicked on the status button, and the LOR control panel completely shut down. Had to click it on again and it worked for a bit and clicked on the status and it shut down once again. The only thing different I did was make a new sequence and I emailed it to myself at home and then added to the scheduler. A lot of times by saving it from an email to the folder , any file will be come a read only file, and you have to click on it to change the properties. Would this cause the LOR control panel to shut down?

I can't answer your question as to what would make the control panel shut down when clicking on the status option, but I can tell you you're not alone. I've done that quite a few times. The first couple of times I thought I had inadvertantly clicked on something else, but the last few times I was certain I hadn't. It's clearly some kind of glitch or bug. I'll post it in the beta testers section and hopefully it will get fixed in the next release.

jimswinder wrote:

bdeditch wrote:
Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy :shock:

No...you're crazy...like the rest of us!! :)

OK I am :D

What operating system(s)?

What version of LOR?

Did you open the status window by left clicking on the light bulb, or by right clicking and then selecting "Status" from the popup menu?

If you go to Task Manager after it happens, is the process "LORTray" listed? How about "LORMonitor"?

I assume that no error message comes up, but I just want to explicitly make sure.

I don't believe that there should be a problem related to the file being read only, but I'll check.

bob wrote:

What operating system(s)? XP

What version of LOR? Downloaded the update this morning 12/04

Did you open the status window by left clicking on the light bulb, or by right clicking and then selecting "Status" from the popup menu? Did both, it was the right click and then clicking on status that shut it all down

If you go to Task Manager after it happens, is the process "LORTray" listed? How about "LORMonitor"? Never checked that.

I assume that no error message comes up, but I just want to explicitly make sure. No errors messages as well

I don't believe that there should be a problem related to the file being read only, but I'll check.

I did check once in Task manager when I am sure the lights were on and both of the LOR programs were running at that time, if it happens again I will check.

My show stops and I keep getting "LORTray not responding" as well -- what can I do? This is driving me batty!

I'm using v2.3.6

Thanks,

Jason

OK I checked the firmware on all of the controllers and found one was not the version 4.30 I updated it and we shall see what happens.

bob wrote:

If you go to Task Manager after it happens, is the process "LORTray" listed? How about "LORMonitor"?

OK it happened again and I checked Task manager and the LOR tray is gone but LOR monitor.exe is still there.