Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying and Adding new LCC Channels to Existing LCC

BryanLeggo

I have some sequences that were done for 1 house's set of lights and therefore use the channel configurations of THAT house. Now I want to keep that same song and sequence timings (and all those channels) but want to shift them to a new house's set of lights and THEIR configuration. I know how to export the config, create an LCC file and then import it into a brand new sequence but how do I use the new LCC config on the sequence with the old timings? If I could just add the new LLC channels at the bottom of the older sequence I could just do cut and paste from the upper rows.

Could someone walk me through the steps I need to do this? Keep the music and timings of an older sequence but then add all the new channels of a new LCC file.

(Hoping this doesn't involve the XML because the demo software doesn't use XML)

Someone please correct me if there's an easier way, all you need to do is open both the old and new sequences in the editor at the same time, select one entire row in the old, edit --> copy timings, select a row in the new sequence, edit --> paste timings.

You can copy one or more contiguous rows of effects from the old to the new by selecting the entire row(s), edit --> copy, select the upper left cell in the new sequence where you want the block of events to start, edit --> paste.

Hope that helps.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I tried that it wouldn't work because the "Paste Timings" option isn't enabled in the new sequence. However, it DOES let me copy timings from one Track to another within the same sequence.

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Are you asking how to import a channel config file into a sequence, but to leave the sequence's existing timings untouched?

If so, importing channel config into a sequence does leave the sequence's existing timings untouched.

If Paste Timings is greyed out, make sure you have chosen a Freeform timing grid and not a fixed timing grid.

But as I recall, importing the channels also overwrites the existing channels. I think I have it though. I just have to make room by insering empty channels at the top and THEN importing the timings, right?