Light-O-Rama Forums

Las sequences

Wayne K

I am trying to run 2 las files when my program comes on static before the shows start. The 2 files are ( all on ) which is an all on sequence for the display and the second sequence is called ( background sign ) and runs my radio sign with a flash pattern in it. I have both of these in the background section in the show editor. The all on.las always runs, But I cannot get the background.las to come on. But when my main show runs, this same sequence in the background folder it works fine. Can you only have 1 file in the background folder? Do I need to make one of these an lms file and put in the musical section? Is there some information about running more than 1 file in the background section in the show editor?

Thanks for any advice

Wayne

Added show log

Attached files show log.txt

2 items come to mind.

First, Do you have the channel for your sign in your all on sequence. You say that the sign .las file don't run, I assume because it does not flash.

Second, since this is a show before your show, why not put the .las files under the animation tab and check to run at the same time.

Chuck

Yes you are correct, the sign does not do anything. Also the reason I run the all on by itself is that in the am hours I do not run a show it is static on only and it was just easy to do the same thing for the evening show's because I run static before and after the main show. I also just done a grid print out and my sign channels are not in the all on sequence.

Wayne

Chuck

The order makes no difference, I have tried that.

I have not tried it by its self in the static show, But in my main show it is there by its self in the background folder and works ok.

Wayne

Having more than one sequence in the Background section should be fine.

Is it possible that the two sequences have some of the same channels defined? This would cause them to interfere with each other. To check this, I suggest running the LOR Verifier, and seeing what it says.

Please note that the Verifier only checks your schedule, scheduled shows, and sequences in scheduled shows, so make sure that the show you're having a problem with is scheduled before you run the Verifier.

Well after I have had everyone scratching there heads on this, I now feel kinda stupid. My computer had crashed and took a complete win xp reinstall and when I reoaded all of my files and so forth I had the show editor referencing my last years folder and last years all on file. All seems to be fine now.

Many thanks for the help, i just wasn't looking far enough into the problem.

Wayne

PS

When win XP says do not interupt or turn off machine when it is doing downloads at the end when you power down your computer, I now believe them. This computer that I use, its sole pupose in life is to do my X-mas shows. So it has sat since last January plugged in and doing nothing, I dig it out, hook up monitor ,key board and mouse, Then I hit the power switch and it fires up fine and since it does not have a years worth of updates on it, it decides it needs all of these updates and it wants to do a reboot. When the shut down window comes on and says do not interupt or turn off I think no problem and leave it go. But guess what at about the same time this is happening our whole town loses power for about 30-45 seconds. Since the sole purpose of this computer is X-mas lights, it is not on a ups. And now the rest of the story, the computer would not reboot and after several attempts to fix it, It was time for a reinstall, of win XP and some what creating my problem.