Light-O-Rama Forums

trying to run on and old computer

mattera68

I installed the software on the old machine and transfered my sequences and music over. I am waiting on an offline registration # to register the software, but when I try to play a sequence it gives me a "error initializing media player" and says component 'wmp.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file4 is missing or invalid

I forgot to add the other machine is a Gateway running windows 98 with 64MB RAM

any help,

thanks, Tony

I suggest checking Microsoft's website for the latest version of Windows Media Player that's appropriate for your operating system, and installing it.

Oh, and you say "Windows 98". If it really is Windows 98, as opposed to Windows 98 SE, LOR will not work. Make sure that the computer is running Windows 98 SE.

LOR requires WMP version 9 or higher. I believe that version 9 is also the highest version that supports Windows 98 SE. So, I suggest getting version 9.

Hey Tony, a bit off topic but are you near the firehouse? I was looking at a Sea Ray sitting on Rt 5 just the other day.

im north of the firehouse actually in charlotte hall, near Mcdonalds, food lion& wendys, down golden beach road