Light-O-Rama Forums

WaveForm with WMV file disabled

prussell

My musical sequences use WMV files so I can project video during my sequences. The problem is that when I go into the Sequence Editor the View Waveform option is disabled if the file is WMV. If I have to go back and edit the sequence, I have to change the file back to a WMA file so I can view the waveform, then change it back after editing the sequence.

Is this by design? or should I add this to the WishList to be able to view the waveform of the audio track of a WMV file.

Thanks
Patrick

It's by design. The thing we use to build the waveform only claims to be able to handle certain types of files, and WMV is not among them. I guess the fact that it can do it (if you simply change the extension to WMA) means that that might have just been an oversight in the list of things it can handle, but it's possible that it only works "accidentally", and won't necessarily work for all WMV files.

Actually I am not just changing the extention, I am replacing the media file with an audiio only (wma) file, then changing it back after editing.

Ok, I see the docs say only audio file types will be able to display the waveform.