Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel problems in LOR

cetacea

I just started my show today and I am very disappointed. I am using all the same sequences from last year, but I am having serious channel problems. Channels will randomly stay on and not turn off until that channel is supposed to run again. I am having this problem all over the display. I have 9 controllers and it happens randomly on all controllers. I had this problem last year, but on on rare occasions. This year it is happening all the time and just makes the display look terrible. I am running the latest software. Do I need to upgrade the firmware on the controllers or something? I bought these in 2007 and have never updated the firmware. I sure hope there is a fix for this.

Also, the hardware editor is pretty flaky. I can turn on and off lights on each unit, but if I try to have it cycle through each channel, it doesn't work very well. It skips channels at will and some light up and some don't. The next time around the cycle other will stay off or come on. All on and All off do work though.

Ok, so you are running all of the same seq. from last year (first year I presume). But did you change any hardware? And if so, what did you change or add to this year. At first glance, I would have to ask if you paid close attention when you installed your lights this year. I do not know just what hardware you have or how you are connecting your lights to the controllers. So, I have to ask if you are absolutely sure that you have connected your lights to the controllers properly. Meaning the hot lead to the proper triac output and the neutral to the proper neutral terminal. Again, not knowing what hardware you have, I have to ask those questions..

So, can you verbially discribe what hardware you have and how it is hooked up?

Could this be a communication issue? It seems like maybe the controllers are not properly receiving all of the commands. Is the network speed high enough?

I could be off base here, but that's the first thing I would check.

I'm using all the same controllers as last year as well. I have 9 CTB16PC controllers. The controllers all seem to work fine, separately. 4 were from my first year in 07 and the rest were new last year. The only thing I can think of is a communications problem. Perhaps I have a bad network cable somewhere. Although the hardware utility sees all controllers and I can test them individually. It is just when the show runs that channels randomly come on as stay on until the sequence tells them to go off. It is rather frustrating because the display looks terrible to me this year with this happening. It has only been on one night and I already want to tear it all down because it looks so bad.

Was having some of the same problems with mega tree. 4 units. I turned the AC over on two of them and problem stopped on them, the other 2 units I found the Cat 5 cable wriped around the power cable, dorn little grash, anyway when I seperated the two about 6 or 8 inchs it cleared them up.