Light-O-Rama Forums

Install problem on XP

thebiggkm

Trying to upgrade to 2.6 LOR software on a XP system. I have used the Microsoft Cleanup tool to remove the previous version of software. I then loaded Windows Media Version 10. When I then run the LOr Install I am getting an error that it can not find dx8bvb.dll. Not sure if this is a Direct X dll. A quick look on the internet did not identify a source that I could get the file from.

Any help would be appreciated. This machine is not connected to the internet so my next hurdle will be to get the software registered. I have the key for my development machine, not sure if that is going to work on this computer.

Thanks

Karl

Yes, that's a Direct X DLL. This is strange, because I don't think we use Direct X (at least not directly). I think Windows might be confused about something here. In any case, perhaps try installing Direct X? I guess version 8 (based on the filename), but I'm not sure.

You can use the same license name and key on more than one computer.

thebiggkm wrote:

Trying to upgrade to 2.6 LOR software on a XP system. I have used the Microsoft Cleanup tool to remove the previous version of software. I then loaded Windows Media Version 10. When I then run the LOr Install I am getting an error that it can not find dx8bvb.dll. Not sure if this is a Direct X dll. A quick look on the internet did not identify a source that I could get the file from.

Any help would be appreciated. This machine is not connected to the internet so my next hurdle will be to get the software registered. I have the key for my development machine, not sure if that is going to work on this computer.

Thanks

Karl

Did a search on my computer running XP and did not find that files name. Are you sure the file name posted is correct? Also did a Google search and did not come up either.

Hope it is not a virus.