Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up shows

777ER

Hi,

I have 112 channels, run by 7 LOR1602W units. However I need help in setting up a show but could not figure out how to make it run the way I want it to.

I want it to do this:

• All lights on at 5pm for one hour
  • Run 3 sequences in random order
  • all lights back on for one hour
  • Run 2 sequences in random order
  • all lights back on for one hour
  • Repeat until 11pm

Any idea how to set it up this way?

Also how do I manually turn all the lights on when I want it to? Sure I could use hardware control panel but then I would have to select each unit and click 'All On' for each unit and repeat again until I've done it to all of them.

Before the update, I could do it with one click. Now I can't seem to.

Basically, you'll have to run things in the order you listed them with a start time of 5 and an end time of 11:

60 minute all-on animation sequence, song, song, song, 60 minute all-on animation sequence, song, song, repeat...

You'll need use the show editor and list all the sequences in the musical sequence tab (yes, the animation sequences also) and you'll have to figure approximately how much time you'll have left between after the last group of songs and eleven o'clock and make a final all-on animation sequence for that length of time. I'm not sure how you could actually introduce randomness into a three sequence show though. I think you're going to have to take a stand and choose which sequences to run.

You could schedule different shows at different times, instead of trying to shoehorn it all into a single show.

The only thing is with "random order"; there are a couple issues:

(1) The three songs won't necessarily play once each; it could play one, then another, then the first again. Or even just one, several times in a row.

(2) You'll have to know how long the show will take in order to schedule the next show at the appropriate time. But you can't necessarily do that if you don't know which sequences will actually play.

So, one option, perhaps, is to randomize them yourself. Let's say the three sequences one: you might build a show that plays A, B, C, and another that plays C, A, B, and another that plays B, A, C, and schedule those different shows at different times.