Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels stay On at Show End

Marshall Rice

This year I am having an issue with 2.6. After the show is over a few channels are left on. If I disable and re-enable the shows the channels all shut off and are ready for the next night. I never had this problem until 2.6, I ran 2.1 last year without any issues. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Marshall

I checked "turn of all lights at end of sequence" . I'll try that and see if it works. I couldn't find a checkbox for "turn off all lights at end of show"

Thanks,

Marshall

I have never had that problem.

All my sequences at the end of the song either have a fade down to off or all channels are turned off or a combination before the sequence ends. also a small delay at least 1/2 second before the sequence ends.

I found it was best to make sure all the lights are off with just a few timings left at the end of a sequence.. or sometimes the lights would abruptly go off at the end of a song and that was kind of ugly...
-Christopher

This year, I reworked all my sequences so that the white eave lights started and ended at 50%. I unchecked the "Turn used lights off..." It has worked very well. There is no abrupt change, and my whole display doesn't go dark between every sequence.

The way I edited my sequences was that last year a sequence would typically fade the eave lights down from 100% to 0 at the end. This year they still fade, but it's from 100% to 50%. At the beginning of each sequence I will either slowly fade from 50% to 0, or keep them at 50% until the first beat, when they jump to 100%.

My startup sequence fades these lights up to 50% at the end. At the end of my show, I start a "static" show that leaves the eaves at 50% until they fade to 0 at midnight.

why does it prevent you from making animated characters?? if you can choose to use or not use the function i see that as the best...

if you have servos and / or x-10 then you dont use it.. but for someone who wants to have it kill leftover lights let it be there as a choice.....

I dont like a command or function being deleted because it MIGHT cause damage to equipment if mis-used....

I used to design / build HVAC control systems and would not even consider a controller that had "built in" safeties.. I wanted to write my own routines and have the choice to shutdown or restart a unit...

however it would be nice to have it DOCUMENTED that mis-use of the function could cause unwanted operation of X-10's, servos etc....
-Christopher

For everyone who agrees with Jeff about the Sequence Editor, please send an email to wishlist@lightorama.com, asking to have the Sequence Editor not turn all channels off when the sequence ends or is stopped in the middle.

We already have this functionality in the show player and the hardware utility. Why not in the sequence editor as well?

I guess I misunderstood I thought we CAN leave channels on at the end of a sequence...

I was considering doing just that for some display elements..

but you are saying we cannot?

-Christopher

Last night 1 channel stayed on all night and I just looked and I do have the box checked in the show editor. When I re started my computer it turned them off and they stayed off. If they stay on tonight not sure what to do. If it is a triac I am TOTALLY screwed and there goes the display after 1 week

Jim,

If they turned off when you reset the computer, it is NOT a triac.

Try resetting your controllers.

Run the verifier program.