Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes all firing together not at random

EricFromKansas

I bought some LED C-7 strobes from Creative Display last summer. They fire about 2-3 times a second, very brite. They appear to work as advertised.

I started out turning the LOR channel full on, but the problem is they all fire together, not at random. The timing is set for 1/20 of a second. I then set it to 2/20th on and 1/20th off repeating for 5 seconds (-:)-_--_--etc) . This helped with some random firing, but not much. The on-off pattern does make the strobes look more like what I think strobes should look like.

Does anybody have any idea for more random firing?

Guest wbottomley

EricFromKansas wrote:

I bought some LED C-7 strobes from Creative Display last summer. They fire about 2-3 times a second, very brite. They appear to work as advertised.

I started out turning the LOR channel full on, but the problem is they all fire together, not at random. The timing is set for 1/20 of a second. I then set it to 2/20th on and 1/20th off repeating for 5 seconds (--_--_--_--etc) . This helped with some random firing, but not much. The on-off pattern does make the strobes look more like what I think strobes should look like.

Does anybody have any idea for more random firing?

Place different sets on different channels.

That's a known problem with LED strobes.

Check out this thread...
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum25/19694.html

friskybri came up with a great solution. I tweaked it a bit for my setup and it's been working great so far. Just make sure you only try the solution with LED strobes... regular strobes can be damaged by applying anything less than 100% power(or so I've heard).

-Jeff

I have been running the LED strobes sense thanksgiving and haven't had one LED go bad. I think I can deal with the low dim light for less then a second.

Was just coming to say I had a dead LED strobe... BUT, it's not because of this fade method.

This evening I noticed one of our LED strobes was just staying on full brightness and not "strobing" like the rest. I replaced it and brought it in the house. I set it down for a bit and when I came back it had leaked water. I opened it up and yep... she's soaking we inside. :) I'm hopeful once it dries out it'll work again.

So far I have had 30 strobes running with this method and none dead. Again, great fix frisky!!! :(

Have to agree with Brians fix and was going to point it out myself but got beat to the punch. My LED's are better than expected from some reports as the 20% intensity for .65 precharge is doing the trick. Unless you are looking at them you don't notice the glow before they fire. But I think a lot of people, once they see the strobes go off tend to watch them for when they pop again ;o) Still a very good solution and a minimal issue to make these look respectable. Lots of + comments on them.

Lenny