Light-O-Rama Forums

One bit out of sync?

DavidPeterson

I have a slight problem with a Dueling Banjos Jingle Bells sequence. Everything looks in sync in the song and all the other sequences, but the end of Jingle Bells is out of sync. Everything looks fine in the sequence editor, in sync. But in the display, the last note is very obviously late on the lights.

The controllers are hard wired, no ELLs. Any suggestions? I tried just moving the last beat earlier, but its still off and it's hard to get right when the lights are acting differently than the editor. I thought about changing the network speed, but didn't want changing that to cause everything else to get out of sync.

Aha, that might be it. I got it through Amazon and it looks like some of their stuff is variable. What's the best way to reencode to constant while limiting the quality drop as much as possible?

So a variable mp3 might work fine in the editor but cause lag in actual firing of lights?

Guest wbottomley

DavidPeterson wrote:

Aha, that might be it. I got it through Amazon and it looks like some of their stuff is variable. What's the best way to reencode to constant while limiting the quality drop as much as possible?

So a variable mp3 might work fine in the editor but cause lag in actual firing of lights?

Using this tool: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/