Light-O-Rama Forums

trigger different show based on weather?

eldoradoboy

I have a home automation system in place that does a really good job od detecting rain /. snow / ice etc and it also can work X-10 as well..

is there a way with S2 that on rainy nights i can have it trigger the loop of a different show that basically plays my voiceover saying "sorry no lights tonight for safety etc"...

right now I just have to disable shows and run a script on my broadcaster software that loops the message....

I thought it might be neat if I could get LOR to do it.. I have 9 PC controllers, 1 1602 showtime controller and a DC board.. is there a pin I can make closed or open on the 1602 that will tell the software to shutdown the show.. etc?

-Christopher

Chris,

What I have done in this case. Is after building my main show. I then make a copy of the weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc and name them weeksched_normal and yearsched_normal.lsc

Then I do this for several scenarios. Weather, shortening the show, lengthening the show, whatever.

After I have all the show files "built" then it is a simple bat file that will copy the weeksched_weather.lsc to weeksched.lsc AND yearsched_weather.lsc to yearsched.lsc

So with your home automation you can possbly have the computer doing this automatically.

Chuck

what a great idea..

its easy to run a script that will do that on the show computer..

and LOR will pick up the changes on the fly without having to go in and disable and re-enable shows?

-Christopher