Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 2.6.0 how to get lights to stop at certain time??

eldoradoboy

Ok so I built my show up... im using 2 voiceovers so i went in and set it up where it does a voiceover.. plays all 5 songs... does the secondvoiceover and plays all 5 songs... that all works perfectly....thats set up as 1 show.. each song in there twice. and the show Loops all evening. my SAM broadcaster software fades out the fill-in christmas music at 5:29:45 PM.. the LOR starts promptly at 5:30 pm.. rockin!!

but at 11 pm when I want it to stop it just kept on going.. played out about 4 songs then stopped... of course my fill-in christmas music was playing right over the LOR.. because it is set to start back up at 11:05:00 pm.. i figured LOR would just finish its last song but it kept running till it felt like stopping...

what can I do to rectify this?

-Christopher

LOR show player will NOT truncate a musical sequence. IT will however truncate an animation seqeunce in either the animation tab or the musical tab.

So if your 3 minute LOR sequence starts at at 10:59 but show is set to end at 11:00 and you have something external to start at 11. LOR will continue to play the sequence till 11:02. You will have overlap. BUT it you had a 3 minute animation in the same location, same time frame. When 11:00 arrives, LOR will truncate (stop playing) the animation sequence and no overlap.

Another way is to calculate your time and tell the show to end earler than 11:00. Although you still risk the overlap if not figured correctly.

Chuck

so it should stop after the current SONG? what it looked like mine did was went ahead and played out the rest of the SHOW.. it was more than one song.. one song I dont have issue with.. ive only got 5 songs and they are mostly less than 3 minutes..

I like a short show people typically dont sit and look at a single house display for longer than a few minutes at a time...

if it is supposed to stop after the current song that is perfect... wonder what went wrong wherre mine played the rest of the show out..
-Christopher

Do you have anything in the Shutdown tab?

Chuck correctly pointed out that LOR should finish playing a musical sequence. However, keep in mind if you have something in the shutdown tab, it will play that as well.

I would recommend keeping the status window up on the screen so you can go back and see what LOR is doing at quitting time. It could be useful in figuring out whats going wrong.

thanks don! you nailed it.. looks like I musdtve had the wrong tab clicked when I was building up the show... at one point when I was building it i thought "that was wierd.. I lost my show".. but really I had been putting things in shutdown... songs and voiceovers...

alas that should fix the issue...

-Christopher